OUR CORE BELIEFS
APS 2020: Shaping the Future is based on our community’s core beliefs about education—these are our foundation. We, as a community, believe:
- Every student has unique abilities that we must recognize and engage.
- A district with students at its center provides an adaptable and responsible foundation for learning.
- Student and staff safety is essential to our vision and mission.
- Students, families, staff and community members share the responsibility for student achievement.
- Student achievement and growth are driven by a highly-effective and respected staff working as a team.
- Students take an active and ongoing responsibility for their learning.
- Families are our partners in education.
- Community partnerships provide vital resources and opportunities for students and families.
- All students must have equitable access to learning opportunities, technology and environments that support them in reaching their full potential.
- Diversity is a strength in our community.